- Visit the Bohemian glasswork factory where you will learn about the glass-making processes.
- Bohemian glass and crystal is famous all over the world especially for its excellent cut and engraving.
- Come with us on a visit to the most important medieval castle in Bohemia.
Day Trip to Bohemian Glassworks nad Karlstejn Castle
This trip combines a visit to Karlstejn, a spectacular medieval chateau, and a traditional Bohemian glassworks in the heart of the Czech countryside.
Open Monday through Friday, for just 100CZK ($5), the factory allows visitors to witness each fascinating stage of the glass making process for themselves, admiring the quality and craftsmanship that have earned it the status of official state glass manufacturers.
There are far too many castles in the Czech Republic but Karlstejn Castle occupies a wholly exceptional position among all of them.
It didn´t originate as a representative royal seat but it was intended to serve as a place of safe-keeping for holy relics and the Czech crown jewels.
Karlštejn Castle was founded by the golden king of Czech history, Charles IV, and ranks among the most impressive of all Bohemian chateaux and Castles. The castle approach includes a scenic walk through a local village with a whole host of shops and attractions.
Výsledek obrázku pro koneprusy caves imagesSet in romantic woodland a short distance from Prague, Karlštejn allows visitors to experience the natural beauty of the Czech countryside and glimpse some typical local villages.
“ Awesome personalized tour of Czech countryside”
We had a full day hiking tour with Kamil through the rock towns of Cesky Raj plus two stunning castle ruins. It was hands down the best day of our two week vacation in Europe! Kamil tailored the tour just for us. He was a knowledgeable, entertaining guide and gave us some great insights into Czech history, culture, and politics. He even found us a gluten-free meal in a traditional small-town restaurant! I would HIGHLY recommend booking a tour with Kamil – if we are ever again in Prague we will definitely contact him.
You may read more reviews at our Tripadvisor.com
Private Tour to Bohemian Glassworks and Karlstejn Castle
|Availability:||Glassworks: closed at weekends,|
|Castle: 1st – 6th January, 1st March – 9th November (Mondays closed), 13th – 31st December (closed on 24-25th Dec.)|
|Location:||30 km west of Prague,|
|Means of transport:||a car/ a van, walking|
|Walking:||uphill to a castle, rather steep – possible to rent a horse carriage|
|What to see:||glassworks factory, beautiful countryside, Karlštejn village,|
|Castle interior tour (60min, entrance fee 200 CZK),|
|Chapel of the Holly Rood (80 min, entrance fee 300 CZK, booking necessary)|
|Links:||www.hradkarlstejn.cz, Bohemia Glassworks – Nižbor|
|Meeting place & time:||reception of your hotel unless agreed otherwise and time we leave completely up to you.|
Price of this fully private trip includes a car/ a van + a driver and a service of a guide
|amount of people||CZK||EUR||USD|
|1 – 2 people||5.900||236||295|
|3 – 6 people||6.900||275||345|
- You can pay after the tour to your guide or a driver.
- Entrance fees are not included in the price and may slightly vary.
- EUR and US count is approximate and can alter depending on actual exchange rates.
- It is also possible to hire a private guide who would act as a driver: a private guide and driver in one. This is a cheaper alternative to hiring an extra guide and an extra driver. If you are interested, send us an email for details.
Phone: + 420-605-701-861